View Single Post
Old 10-23-2001, 04:44 PM   #45
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
What concerns me, Cloudy, is the posts where it has been implied by Ziroc himself, Sazerac, and some other members that this forum is going to soon get the axe.

I think the popularity of this forum, as evidenced by the sheer volume of posts in it, says a lot about how much some of us happen to want to keep it.

I would respectfully ask that those of you who do not approve of it, who continue to imply that it is nothing but a "toilet bowl" would have the basic courtesy to allow those of us who want to participate in it to be able to continue to do so.

Many of you who keep talking about the importance of courtesy and respect for others openly disregard what you yourselves are saying when it comes to talking about the people who happen to like the existence of this forum. Some of the grossest insults I have seen have been in general terms directed at the people who happen to like to come here.

Look, don't axe the forum. If you want to strictly enforce rules of decorum, by all means do so.

First of all, this is a TEMPORARY forum. Hell, it's underlined in the titled . That means that it will eventually be deleted. Now the when I fear is dictated by the members who post here. As long as people are civil to one another, I think that Ziroc will let it go as long as he sees fit (so long as we don't all come to agree with Bin... not that I think that any of us would). However, should we once again start loosing members because of personnal attacks, I wouldn't be surprised if Z pulled the plug. And you know what, I'd support him. Sharing opinions and debating his very nice, but I would rather we don't loose many members in the process.

Cloudy, thanks dear. I'm only a 27 year old man (though my wife wonders if I'm really past 2) trying is best to learn about maturity and keep things civil.

------------------
I'm the Wanderer without a clan... I bring justice without favorism. Though you may not agree with it, my judgement is final... and inconsequential