View Single Post
Old 12-28-2003, 12:22 PM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Remata Klan:
Hello again, after you guys helped me so greatly the last time I decided to ask again for help. I got some little questions, I'm sure you can answer them all...

Firstly, some infos about my character:
I'm an Omphaaz, lvl 16 Barbarian, 175 HP and already passed many classes such as Paladin, Warlock, Wizard and Ninja.

1. I got nearly all magic spells except for the entire Vine-Realm. Is there any chance to get it ? (I'm not planning to become a Zenmaster!)
Joining Ranger will allow you to learn vine magic. Another way to gain all the books of Magic with out become a Valkyrie is: Start off as a Priest in Spirit and Vine, switch to a warlock to get fiend and moond, become a samurai to get sun, and then the only other way to get stone (besides starting as a wizard) I think is to become a Valkyrie. But that's pointless since you can become a Zenmaster at almost the same time.

2. I've heard that Kung Fu will work especially good on Omphaaz', is that right ? Is Kung Fu better than most weapons?
My Assssin has 6 or 7 skill points in Kung Fu, but only because he had no where else to put his points in really. I personally think dual wielding Arms of Argus (fully blessed) and an Assassin's Dagger (fully blessed, kept by passing to another character when recieving ascension) does more damage. I've managed to get over 200 damage in with 2 swings (1 from Arms of Argus and 1 from Assassin's Dagger), so I doubt Kung Fu can match that. Kung Fu is probably best for Monks, not Ninjas and Assassins.

3. What exactly is the differnce between enchanting and blessing? I'm only lvl 3 in enchanting (already blessed my items with damage and armor) and whenever I try to enchant an item he tells me, "you must increase your enchant skill." That's why I couldn't figure out myself, yet.
To enchant an item requires you to have the Occulist Trait. To bless an item requires you to have the Cabalist trait. Enchanting a weapon can add some low/mid level spells for it to cast. Enchanting armor can give it some protection, such as protection from magic (Artifact of Fiends), protection from ice (Artifact of Ice, or Moon, I forget, it's in Mooncraft), and protection from fire (Artifact of Fire). Using Artifact of Spirit on a weapon grants it a 'to hit' bonus. Blessing an item can do numerous things: Artifact of Spirit on armour grants it regeneration. Artifact of Vines toughens a weapon or suit of armor so that it won't break. Artifact of Fiends grants extra damage when used on a weapon. Artifact of Stone grants an AC bonus to armor.

4. I decided in Ishad N'ah to make my Omphaaz Wizard to a soloist. I couldn't make up the Valeia Warrior Quests so I'm only lvl 2 in the Warrior's guild now.

a)Will I still be able to max out in guild levels and if not which skills and traits will I miss?
You can't max out your guild level with out cheating now. You can still reach a guild level of 5 though, so you won't miss out on any traits AFAIK.

b) Will it be cruicial for me in any time of the game lacking those fine warrior skills? I was really looking foreward to gaining the two-handed-skill. If I’ll never get it perhaps Kung Fu really is a good option ?
Double Strike can also be gained in the Bushi-Dojo if you want. After you get that trait, you must increase your skill in an attribute called '2nd Weapon.' You don't want to miss out on this, but you can still gain it, although it will take time now.

5. Why could my Omphaaz magician join the priest’s guild ? My Elf Magician couldn’t, is there a special Omphaaz trait that allows every of their kind to join the priest’s guild ?
Is your Omphaaz magician a warlock? Warlocks can join the Priest's Guild, but a regular Wizard cannot.

6. I was planning to choose the assassin as my final class. I believe I MUST do it now because I will meet Grue Morde now while I’m in the Dragon’s Spire.

a) Question: Wouldn’t it be better to gain some more skills and increase them easily by changing to Bard, Ranger or Monk first BEFORE I change to my final class, the assassin ? Because if I ascend to Assassin now it would take forever to learn all the new skills.
Since you want all books of magic, I sggest you become a Ranger before becoming an Assassin. Then become an Assassin. You won't need Bard then, and you won't need Monk either.

b) Is the assassin really so special and worth being chosen as final role? Or would a monk or a Samurai also be fine?
Assassin is much better

7. The Priest Munney keeps on rewarding me for talking to Janthril, is this a bug ? I guess so
It's a broken quest. Each time you enter the Priest's guild, it offers you a reward for completing it. Similarly, I got the quest to kill Grue Morde In Ishad N'ha, killed him, went to Brimloch Broon, entered the pawn shop, and got my reward. Each time I enter, I get reward for killing him, so this is a broken quest as well.

8. On the way to the stout mines is a monster that attacks me but I can neither see it nor target it. What is that ? Seems like it’s hiding up in the trees.

9. In one of my “older” chars I found the scroll “assasssin’s contract”. What was that for ? I think I never used it.
Gorthius' 'friends' drop it if you kill them (back in Valeia). It's of no use.

10. How save is it to store items in the Inn with another character? I used to collect all the keys but suddenly they were gone except for those I still needed. Do items vanish sometimes in the Inn? Will my Assassin’s Dagger be safe there anyway ?
I heard that if you give an item to a mule, then put them in the Inn, that mule will possibly not have the items you gave him/her on them any longer. A fix that I read about is that if you give the item to a mule, then check in the inventory to make sure they have it, then removing them stops this bug from occuring.

Wow, that’s a lot of questions. I hope you can help me out once again.
In return I want to give two hints to the Wizards and Warriors community concerning the Bronze Beast and the Scanthril Dagger Quest.
While using the search function I’ve seen that many, many problems occured with these two issues, problems I had myself

1. The Assassin’s Dagger

a) When you go to Scanthril the first time talk with him about a Job. He wants GUNDEL dead.
b) Look for the dead miner with the Miner’s Writ. This is Gundel! Afterwards immediately return to Scanthril to report his death.
c) Ask Scanthril again for a job. Now you will get the task to kill Raskallion and you’re free to kill him.

Note: Most walkthroughs tell you to kill Raskallion and return to Scanthril. If you do so without reporting Gundel’s death before, the dagger will be lost forever!

That's not true. I found the miner's writ on the body of Gundel, then headed straight to the stout mines and killed Raskallion. I headed to Scanthril, he said that Gundel was dead or something, and that he could tell by the look in my eyes that Raskallion was dead. So I still got the dagger, even though I reported both at once.

2. The Bronze Beast

Omphaazs can’t wear the Dragon Plate Mail but you can simply take another character with you, equip the Mail on him and deactivate the Bronze Beast. After that you can return to the Inn and leave the 2nd character there to continue your Solo-Run.
That's true, there are lots of guild classes that can't equip it, and the Ompaaz is a race that can't wear it.
All answers written in this color above .

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote