View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 02:37 PM   #1
Aerich
Lord Ao

I'm still not altogether clear on the feat system, regarding when you get extra feats.

Here's what I know - from the manual, as I don't pay much attention during the game as to when my characters gain feats.

1) All characters gain one feat at first level; humans and some halflings get an extra.

2) "Regular" classes get another at 3rd level, and one every three levels after that (6,9,12, etc).

3) Wizards get one bonus feat every 5 levels.

4) Fighters get a bonus feat at first level, and get another every two levels, not every three - 3,5,7, etc.

Here's what I'm unclear on; how does it go for multiclasses?

Say, for example, you are using a fighter/barbarian. Do you get the feats according to the level of each class - so that if your character was F/Barb 5/5 you would have 6 feats? 1 for first level fighter + 1 bonus + 1 for first level Barb + 1 for lvl 3 fighter + 1 for lvl 3 barb + 1 for lvl 5 fighter = 6?

Also, if you have more than two classes, do you get a feat at lvl 1 for each class? Is that one of the plusses of taking 3 or more classes?

Here's what this is working around to - would a fighter/(other class) 5/X have more feats than a fighter/(other class) 4/X+1?