View Single Post
Old 11-11-2002, 06:20 PM   #118
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

You Are Welcome. Hope you enjoy this. I worked on it all afternoon. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Galadria noticed his eyes flitting from each to another. "No, Master Snurll," she answered the unspoken question, "you will find no friends, here. You may wish to save your worthless life, however. Tell me, how did you get this place. And remember, we have ways to tell if you are lying."
Snurll moistened his lips. Why not, he thought. "Well, Lady Galadria," he began as smoothly as he could, "you know that once I was a footloose adventurer, as I imagine you once were." Galadria gave him a hard look. She did not relish comparisons between herself and the odious Snurll. He noted it an went on. "one day, I was wandering on these same shores, and I came to this tower. For a day or so, I attempted to gain entrance to ... further my researches."
"You mean," Galadria interrupted sweetly, "to see if there was anything worth stealing.."
"Well, my lady, not to try to burk the issue, yes. But even I, Snurll, was unable to gain entrance. So, intrigued, I set myself to watch the place. After a while, I saw an elderly man wearing mage's robes leave the tower. He went into the woods to gather herbs, and unfortunately, became caught in a snare."
"Which, I am sure, you set," added Galadria. "Continue."
Snurll gave her a look of injured innocence, but went on. "I was able to free the man from the snare, and in gratitude, he invited me into his tower. Later on, he met with an accident," here he coughed, "and died. I was able to take over, and bend the tower's magic to my will.'
Chorania sneered at him. "How much of that are we supposed to believe, thief?" she asked rhetorically. "How long did you watch him, spying out his paths, so as to set the snare in the optimum place? How did you get past his mistrust, surely great in an elderly man, living alone? How did you persuade him to let you stay long enough to spy out the secrets of this place, before you murdered him? I suppose we shall never know, and a good thing, too."
Even bound, Snurll flared at this. "I care not whether you believe me or not, drow bitch," he began, but froze as he felt the sharp stick of a knife in the back of his neck. Noemi's voice came from behind him. "Now, Master Snurll, you must get one thing straight. You are alive at our suffrance. Myself, I should separate your neckbones with this knife if it were up to me, but my sister bids me otherwise. But she did tell me that I could assure your good behavior. So, don't press me too much."
"I am trying to assist, whoever-you-are," Snurll added cooly, though Chorania noted that sweat had popped out on his brow, "but this drow...I mean this lady..." he added as Noemi's knife bit deeper, " is interupting, amking it difficult to manage my thoughts."
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote