View Single Post
Old 08-15-2001, 04:36 AM   #21
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I heard that the CD - burning issue was to be dropped since it clashed with to many laws. However the MP3 support is bad on Xp at least what I have heard. In the regular program tha comes with it MP3 will sound bad compaired to their own format.. However, install winamp and you are home free.

Unfortunatley for the big corporates, things like this will lead to more people will avoid Microsoft. They have a tendancy to try and rule peoples options and well. If Amiga or Linx just make that ittle function to be able to ryn the games on todays PC market...

Bye bye Windows OS. Gamers is one of the biggest gtoups of market cut and if all says their piece or would buy only playstations from now on.. It will be a huge set back for the developers. The computer business will be real bad for alot of years. Gamers spend alot of money on their games, compuers and asserories. So, well if they keep messing, we can threaten to buy Playstation 2, a harddrive and keyboard for it. The littel modem and voila. Someone at Sony will make something like word, and there you have what most people use their computers for!!

OK, this came out as an angry rally call. But for me. My WIN98 will stay in my puter for some time. A dual boot to some other OS seems to be the best choice. If the games can be played under win98 for some time.. I donīt see any use to get XP and other mindcontol OS on my computer. Iīm tired of being scanned and mailed alot of different commercial mails just because I was on someones site or searched for this or that...

GRRRRRR

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper