View Single Post
Old 11-12-2001, 04:42 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Heh, no problem white_sapphire. Currently though, I am still stumped on how to defeat Improved Demogorgan properly. He is immuned to Time Stop and Lower Resistance. Since I cannot lower his Magic Resistance, this makes the majority of spells useless.

I only have one question though. Is Demogorgan immuned to Imprisonment? I ask this because, if he is... then I shall be forced to go melee with him, and the results will be extreme... either I win gloriously, or poor Odin get squished like a bug.

What do you think of this stragedy? Assuming Imprisonment is not an option.

Before Battle:

Minor Spell Sequencer: Mirror Image, Protection from Petrification.
Spell Sequencer: Errrr... Spider Spawn x3
Spell Trigger: Animate Dead x3
Contingency: Protection from Magical Weapons cast on self when enemy sighted.
Chain Contingency: Simulacrum, Protection from Energy, Mislead cast on self when enemy sighted.

Cast on my Sorcerer Stoneskin, Resist Fear, Spell Immunity( Evocation), and Mirror Image respectively just before the battle.

Start using scrolls... ...

Cast Improved Haste, Black Blade of Disaster

During Battle:

Cast Time Stop as the Contengencies kick in, wait for Demogorgan to finish his Time Stop, then my Time Stop starts.

Demogorgan is immuned to my Time Stop, but my spell protections will protect me for 4 rounds.

Pray as I hack away, hack away. I will also try to lure Demogorgan away from the rest of the Demons, so that I do not need to use Time Stop to prevent the Demons from attacking me, my simulacrum double will also serve as Demon fodder( distraction) while I attract Demogorgan. I will try to recast PfMW as neccessary, to prevent Demogorgan from hitting me, not something I want to happen when I am soloing on Insane Difficulty.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote