View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Aliens? Mothman? Weird happenings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestormalpha View Post

As for E.T. life in the universe. By their best findings, (from the last time I read anything on the subject, our little pocket of the universe is the most conducive to life as we know it. Could their be life that can survive where we can't? Possibly, but would they be able to survive in our atmosphere so we could find out?
Interesting. We don't know for sure so all we can go on is logical assumptions. My logic leads me to think that there is indeed life that can survive where we cannot, because it already exists in our ecosystem (i.e. fish living in water). I don't find it an unreasonable stretch to assume that there are different lifeforms that can exist in lets say, gaseous envrironments. Plus, the fact that we live in one galaxy among many, with our closest being Andromeda (which may have within it, earth-like planets), I just cannot rule out the fact that there is a strong possibility of life elsewhere.

At this time there is no sufficient evidence to support alien life, but people forget that at this time there is also insuffiecient data to rule it out. Our probes take years to reach pluto, our communications are limited to short range "human" frequencies. So far, the farthest that man has travelled into space is to the moon that oribits our planet. So I don't really understand people who say "they don't believe" when they should really be saying "I don't know yet".