View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 06:22 PM   #23
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
TDC, I agree, those trees are far too close to your house and do have to come out. A lot of homeowners make that mistake- putting shrubs and trees too close to the foundation when they are small, not paying attention to how big they will eventually grow. Which of course means you, the new owner, will have to deal with them!

Nice house, btw! How big is the back yard? Too bad the trees couldn't be moved there, because they look like great ones to use for a privacy screen!
The back yard isn't the largets that I have seen ( the whole block is 490mtrs Sq)

So I wouldn't move the trees there. Guess they gave to go.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

edit: Forgot to mention this- if you have any landscape architect schools or such in your area, sometimes the students will do free or inexpensive workups for you of potential landscaping options. I had a really good one done several years ago when I went to a Flower and Garden show. One of the students even recommended some shrubs for hiding our electrical and phone boxes (we have all wiring underground so there are big boxes btwn each set of properties where the connections come from). I got the mugo pines he recommended and LOVE the way they look so I got good advice and the student got some credit for doing it.
Hmm will have to keep an eye out in the local paper for any gardening shows. Thanks for the idea Cloudy!