View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 01:13 PM   #1
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Some of you may remember that I had a major surgery last year to reverse an ostomy and "put my system back together again" (an operation I dubbed the "Humpty Dumpty Procedure" ). Unfortunately, this past year has been a very difficult one and my Crohn's Disease has become much more active. I am currently enduring the worst "flare up" I've had in years.

A visit to my gastroenterologist confirmed that the Crohn's is raging out of control once again. His recommendation was to remove the remaing portion of colon I have left in order to get rid of the diseased area. After a brief discussion and lots of prayer, my wife and I agreed that another surgery would actually be for the best.

So I will be going back to St. Joseph's in Atlanta in two weeks (January 3) to have my fifth major surgery for the Crohn's Disease. The surgeon will remove the last remnant of colon and I will have an ostomy again. The only difference is that - this time - the ostomy will be permanent.

The members here were fantastic last year with the support and encouragement offered and I know the response will be the same again. Just as I did last year, I am providing a link to St. Joseph's website that will allow those who wish to send an email message to me while I am at St. Joseph's (yes, this IS a blantant and shameless solicitation )

You can send an email at this link ---> St. Joseph email for patients

I want to thank all of you for the support you gave last year and the encouragement I know you will give this time around.