View Single Post
Old 05-04-2002, 05:21 PM   #187
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
That? That's it? Did you know that the swastika is an ancient Aryan symbol of Light. Kipling used it on the cover of all of his books until the Nazis appropriated it (in a left-handed, not right-handed spiral like Kipling used.) Talthy, Epona, insert Kipling-was-a -Nazi joke, here. He wasn't you know.
OK, uss, I'll insert a spoiler tag. Right now, I'm doing Fedex quests in Curst.
Galadria is right. About the symbol. I found this story once of how recently some old ladies was trying to take home an old vase from somewhere in the middle east (??) but when they got on the plane people we're accusing them of being Nazi's etc. just because of the symbol (back to front swastika) on the vase.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas