View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 09:10 PM   #10
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by USAgreco66kg:

Why fake a creature in the larger bodies of water.. when you can just put one in?

At the moment, I've got a slightly flooded cave on my server, in which the shark variants from PotSC can attack.. and for those looking for deep sea swimming... I've got just that, a custom swimmer phenotype (add the airbubble VFX from PotSC, and you're set.) as well as a large number of the PnP skills missing.. so the unathletic wizard types who put zero points into the cross-class swim skill may have a hard time..

Well, what I was looking for was a creature that you couldn't necessarily reach by standard means, but could still attack you and could defend against you in return. What I was aiming for was a "platform" where you could have the "aquatic" creature resting on, so it could tackle you with distance attacks (or magic as the case could be), but you could not go into the water to go after it. Kind of like the "walking on water (because it's ice)" concept. It would be still water tiles, but ones where the creature(s) could be placed and still be visible to the PCs. I just did not know how something like this could be put into effect.

Let me see if I can draw an ASCII picture here...:

PCs..............................[=WATER IS HERE=].................................................. ........creatures/NPCs
=========~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
=========\\\\\\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~////////////////~~~~~~~~~
=======================~~~~~~~[=cannot walk here.deep water=]~~~~~~~=========================

Something along those lines. I just had no idea if you could simply impliment more solid ground about a half-level underneath a water tile set just out in the middle of technically no where. As with this idea, that area of shallow water (so the creatures would appear to be needing the water itself to survive) would be completely unaccessible to anything else in that level unless it flew.

And yes, the ASCII setup for me sucks as I don't know how to change fonts in the middle of a post just so I can have things work out my way...

[ 02-25-2006, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote