View Single Post
Old 08-19-2001, 12:16 AM   #8
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
Theres no need to have a con of 18 as it gives no hp bonus. And limited wish is pretty useless so get sommething else like delyaed blast fireball. Shapechange and chain contingency arnt really worth it, id go for power word:kill and wish.
Chain Contingency may not be worth it for a sorcerer, as you only need to cast it once in a while, but definetely buy the scroll whenever possible to be able to use it.

I would drop Shapechange and Chain Contingency for Powerword: Kill and Meteor Swarm.

Blur would probably go over Aganazar's for me.

Drop Minor Sequencer from your 4th's. There are better spells to have.

For 5ths, Breach, Lower Resistance and Spell Immunity are key. I would consider other options instead of Animate Dead and Hold Monster. If you have clerics and druids both these spells can be accomplished through their magic.

For 6ths, drop contingency and just buy the spells when you can. Take Pierce Magic instead. Someone said Prot. from Magical Energy is useless once you get the Cloak of Mirroring, but this is untrue, as it doesn't protect you from area effect spells like Horrid Wilting (which can be a real killer.)

For 7ths I would get rid of Limited Wish and Spell Sequencer - these spells simply aren't used enough to demand a spell slot. Buy the scrolls.

Your 8th level spells look pretty good, except maybe Spell Trigger.

All of this, of course, would be what I'd do to my Sorcerer, but hope it helps you weigh your options a bit.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux

[This message has been edited by trux (edited 08-19-2001).]
trux is offline   Reply With Quote