View Single Post
Old 08-18-2001, 05:29 AM   #3
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

a very good selection of spells, but there are a few spells I'd have chosen differently...
- level 5: I never found Hold monster to be of much use, I'd probably get Chaos.
- level 6: Protection from magical energy is useless once you get the Cloak of mirroring. if you're going to have Keldorn in your party then you also don't need True Sight, and the Thieve's hood allows yet another of your characters to cast it.
I'd take Death spell (great against hordes of lesser enemies, like Umber Hulks...) and Pierce magic. I'd also give up Chain lighting for Protection from magical weapons.
- level 8: with Spellstrike and Pierce magic (if you take it), you don't really need Pierce shield anymore, so you might want to consider Protection from energy (great for countering dragon's breath).
- level 9: I don't know about Shapechange - once you get to high enough level to actually have lvl 9 spells it seems like a downgrade to turn into one of those creatures. besides, none of the forms it allows can hope to survive in melee combat once you get to ToB. I recomend Wish or Absolute Immunity.

and do ignore one of the things Dramnek_Ulk wrote - Chain contingency is a MUST
frudi_x is offline   Reply With Quote