View Single Post
Old 02-24-2002, 04:21 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
I don't agree with their actions anymore than you Ronn. They disgust me as well, and I agree that this is the work of a ruthless group of people.

But...

I think this proves my point more than yours (well, I would, wouldn't I) to be honest. Actions like this are simply going to become more and more commonplace if we are seen to attack the muslim world. This may not be our intention, but that is how it seems to them I feel. Sorry, but I just don't think that going in with guns blazing will solve anything. And we have locked horns over this several times, so I am sure my response comes as no surprise to you.

Basically, my thoughts are that there is a lot of hatred of us out there already. We need to calm things down, not stoke the flames.

To me it just proves that those who find it acceptable to target innocents also find it acceptable to mutilate them. Another good reason to eliminate instead of educate.

Some learning is painful. Have you ever seen a child stick their finger too close to a flame and get burned? They learn quickly not to touch the flame. Many lessons in life are learned this way. Not from respect, full bellies, or love, but "the hard way". You think Western Civilization should learn to keep it's finger out of the Middle Eastern Flame, I think terrorists should learn fire will kill them.