View Single Post
Old 01-09-2003, 07:25 AM   #19
Grungi
Banned User

u didnt read my post, in the 60s and 70s esp in horror films people with squints WERE villains, squint-eyed bastard is about the most imaginitive insult i think to come out of it admittedly, but my point is its just another thing for people to pick on, there is no person in the world who doesnt have SOMETHING that can give you cause to insult them, whether it be their personality, physical characteristics, religion or whatever, and people WILL insult them, thats human nature, instead of worrying about it and trying to stop it in films and gettign up in arms about it do the more important thing which is be nice to people and prove to them that being an albino has no effect whatsoever on how you treat people, if everyone who is albino does that then you start influencing people because they can say to themselves "well yes i do know an albino guy, and hes a great guy and everyone likes him, so i spose hes just like the rest of us"

i think all this political correctness nonsense and actually going up in arms about it from any group who feels hard done by , achieves nothing but to wind up everyone else, okay maybe im one of the lucky few people in the world who can look at a film and see it as entertainment and not care what happens in it, the film "the patriot" i know plenty of english upset by it because of its terrible depiction of the english at the time, but i proudly display it in my vid collection cos i think its a great film, and who cares that the british in it are a bunch of posing nancies who deserve to get shot [img]tongue.gif[/img] , people take it all too seriously and people let themselves be influenced too much by what hollywood shows.

My view of you currently is your one of those people who has a physical problem of whatever sort and believes it to be more important than others and carries it around with them just to feel sorry for himself, apologies if thats not how you are, but thats how you come across, so what your an albino, doesnt affect my opinion of you one tiny amount, if you were here and a nice guy id happily go to the pub with you, be proud of what you are, your unique, revel in it, im unique too and very proud of it, and i wouldnt change any physical part of me even if i could. I had the stigma of being the short one always picked on every day (without fail) for over 10 years, but so what, i dont care, means i have plenty of short jokes on tap [img]tongue.gif[/img] and people tend not to even notice im short anymore because they notice my personality and my confidence and that comes through over and above my physical side, everyone has some kind of aura of their personality which you notice first, before you notice physicalities, whether it is shown by the way they walk or the way they talk, and thats something you can improve on always.

and yes I too found that site to be extremly limited and biased in its depiction of a so called problem, i believe that will just further cause problems by complaining about it in that manner. Way i see it is just be yourself and be happy, if your a good person then you should have plenty of friends around you and a good life regardless of your physical appearence.