View Single Post
Old 01-09-2003, 07:13 AM   #16
Sio

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
oh btw you also say no self-respecting person would call themselves whitey with albinism, why not? i have self-respect and as i said before am happy to be called shortarse by my friends, likewise if i was fat (which im heading that way [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) im quite happy to be called fat bastad which by many i play football with im also called, they all have similar type names, its all fun, its all in jest and noone gets offended, but were all adults and all have plenty of self-respect, you can only speak for yourself in respect to that, if an albino has lots of self-respect and confidence and lets his friends call him whitey i wouldnt consider him lacking in anything, id respect him for being sensible enough to know its a term of endearment when used by friends.

Call people what they want to be called, respect the individuals wishes NOT the causes wishes, i bet plenty of albinos really couldnt care less how hollywood portrays them and may well be annoyed to read you saying that "no self-respecting albino would let his friends call him Uv or whitey" what gives you the right to say that for any of them? you saying i dont respect myself because i let my friends call me shortarse? (and pls dont say its a different thing, because its a physical difference from the norm that is picked upon like many others, and after over 10 years of bullying because of it i think i can consider it just as afflicting as your schooldays)
Find an Albino who would let their friends call them whitey and we'll talk, hey if I was short fine call me shortass, tall then call me lanky but dont call me 'whitey'. It isnt a simple joke that you can have a laugh about, not a buddy buddy laugh.