View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #1
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Console Conundrum....

Ok, so about 2 months ago I decided to upgrade from my Xbox One to the One X. Worked great for 3 weeks. Then the Ethernet connection got really funky. Then, only wifi connected properly. I decided it was a faulty Ethernet port on the One X, after all, my Xbox One had no issues. Did advanced exchange with Microsoft. New console arrives, I hook it up, all is right with the world. Ethernet port connects, no issues, for three days. Same problem repeats as before. Ethernet stopped functioning correctly, wifi no issues. Brought the One X to a friends house, plugged it into his Ethernet cable, connects without any issues. Currently for my internet I'm using a Motorola gateway. Not sure what the precise model is off hand.

My friend believes it is the gateway itself that is the issue, and I can't argue with that at this point. But is it a hardware failure or might it be related to settings in the gateway's software?

And even if it's the settings, why would it work without issues for a period of time and then just decide that now it's not gonna connect properly?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote