View Single Post
Old 10-18-2000, 09:16 PM   #1
Howie

Hi,
I installed the game and ran it a bit. When I tried to change the resolution thru the game options menu to 800X600 I could no longer boot into the game!! I would just get a black screen. Called tech support who tried a few solutions none of which worked. With the game installed I had several problems with my computer in general. I could not even run the DXDIAG program that tech support asked me to run!!
I've got a P3 850 with 512 meg of RAM. A Matrox G-400, Tyan MB 1854, 3 9.1 gig IBM SCSI HDs. Plextor UltraMax SCSI reader.
The techie told me that they are getting lots of calls with similar problems caused by the game. It seems to screw up other programs as well.
It is sad that the game was so poorly play-tested. Besides all the in-game bugs folks complain about there are the more serious issues such as mine. The game seemed like great fun but appears to have been rushed 'out the door'.
The computer problems went away when I uninstalled the game. (I could boot immediately into dxdiag etc.) Tech support asked for a copy of the report.
I have lotsa other games and had NO problems running any of them!!
How