View Single Post
Old 12-12-2000, 10:25 AM   #52
Magness
Quintesson

First, as I said in my earlier post on this Minsc question ... Get Minsc the Shield of Harmony and you'll never have another Confusion, Charm, Domination, or Hold problem again. Yes, it will prevent him from wielding 2H weapons. So what? Arm him with Azuredge (the undead-killing throwing axe) and the Mace of Disruption (+2 version) and you have an undead-hunting Minsc!!! Talk about a killing machine!!! Minsc practially becomes invulnerable to those blood-sucking vamps!!!

Personally, I'm rather fond of the Avenger sword. 50% Magic Resistance and dispel magic on any hit can be darned useful against some of the tougher mage bosses that are floating around in BG2. (One caveat... don't use HA to attack a mage that Jahiera has cast Insect Swarm on!!! The Dispel Magic will make it disappear. Ooops... My undead hunter made that mistake in the slaver HQ on the 2nd floor. Luckily, most of the other slavers were dead and the mage was nearly there as well.)

Personally, I've never been a big fan of 2H swords. Yes, I know that they're more powerful in BG2, but I generally prefer my tanks to be the best protected tanks possible. I'm willing to accept a little less offensive potential to become as untouchable as possible. Just my personal preference.