View Single Post
Old 05-09-2002, 02:47 PM   #43
Beltazar
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Actually you are wrong. Film is the most powerful medium. Communicates multi-visually (a picture tells a thousand words, a moving picture millions) consciously through verbal language, and emotionally through music.

The written word only conveys conscious thought, not the emotional languages that words can never communicate.
Okay, I would like to disagree heavily here. It is difficult for a movie to start as deep thoughts as a book, a book also brings your own imagination into play in order to visualize what you read since the movie provides everything for your senses. A movie can also NEVER have the depth of a book since there you are exposed to both the characters thoughts, emotions and actions whereas in a movie you only see and hear what they do and experience everything from YOUR viewpoint.

I say that the written word carries ten times the power of a movie. At least to me it does, I don't know about everyone else. Some people seem incapable of truly.... Experiencing, a book. Unable to enjoy it at all, I take this as overmuch exposure to movies instead of the written word. Those people are not used to using the imagination for the purpose of visualizing the written at all.
[/QUOTE]|And books are longer, and you run into words that you don't understand, and it takes like 3 days to finish a good 500 page book.. too long for me, I like to finish em sooner [img]tongue.gif[/img] But I'm a very good reader, so why should I be complaining...