View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #27
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

If I see a cat, and call it a cat, that's not racist. If somebody is being lazy, and is called lazy, that's descriptive, and maybe a little tactless, but it's not racist, regardless of what race "Lazy" belongs to.

I'll just use myself as an example. I spent 5 1/2 years in prison. I spent that time because I was too lazy to keep a job. Getting up in the morning after partying my paycheck away was too much effort. Should I blame society for my laziness? I didn't want to walk from one place to the next, so I stole cars to get there. How much of this should I blame on society, or laws? Is it different because I'm white? If so, that's as racist as it gets.

I have a friend that won't leave drugs alone, and so, has spent most of his adult life in prison. I've known this man for close to 30 years, and he's spent 25 of those years in prison behind drugs, and getting them. How much of this is society's fault? He's Native American, so maybe we should allow him to blame the white man for his inability, or lack of desire, to leave drugs alone. He's out now, but the last time I saw him, he was high. Not a very wise thing to do, since he's going to see a Parole Officer, and they will UA him. I suppose that he doesn't have to take responsibility for his actions though, since he's Native American. Therefore, it's all my fault, as a white man, that he can't leave drugs alone.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote