View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 12:22 AM   #4
Tomin
Dungeon Master

Azrael,
Starforce is a new copywrite proctection software that a few companies are using. The problem is it actually installs a full set of drivers that actually conflict with a good 33% of your standard Windows drivers. In fact I found that the drivers it installed actually are corrupting my sound drivers so that they start pumping out nothing but static.

So far little is known about Starforce other then it installs drivers that are actually quite a pain to get rid of since they do not appear as a program and are not removed when you uninstall the game that used it.

Battle for Middle Earth 2 is one that a lot of people are having problems with. Everything from the game ending a battle after 3 mins, causing Blue Screens of Death, to making it impossiable to play anything not Starfroce enabled.

It is by far the worst copy protection ever and if I knew BFME2 had it I wouldn't have gotten it. It's actually become common due to alll these issues for companies to actually tell customers new games will not have this protection. Go to the Oblivion Forums and you'll see the rejoicing being done by gamers for Bethesda Soft for deciding not to use it.
Tomin is offline   Reply With Quote