View Single Post
Old 11-22-2003, 03:53 AM   #65
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Timber's words got me thinking. What if he really thinks he's still a child himself ? Kids crawl up to eachother in bed all the time. I know it's twisted, but if Michael is still a child, in his own mind, and he's really convinced of it, than he didn't do anything wrong. What "normal" people see as unacceptable, might be totally innocent in his mind.

If all he did was allow that kid to sleep in his bed, then there's nothing wrong. Not if Michael truly thinks he's still a kid himself. The human brain works in mysterious ways.
I think you are very close to the truth here, Johnny. I remember reading somewhere that MJ does consider himself to still be a child (in a Peter Pan sort of way). In his mind, there is nothing wrong with him sharing a bed with one or more young children (who aren't his own or part of his family). He feels it is just like a "sleepover" that any normal 10-12 yr old kid would have. The only problem with this (of course) is the fact that MJ is NOT 12yrs old!!!! Just because he sees nothing wrong with what he is doing does not mean it is innocent or acceptable. A sociopath has no moral conscious. In their eyes, there is absolutely nothing wrong with killing somebody (for whatever reason). But just because they don't feel it's a crime doesn't mean our court systems will agree.

As for Jackson being "convicted in the media", this is due in large part to many of his own comments. He has said that he adores children and considers them beautiful little people. He has also said he enjoys being able to "share his love" with these children during the sleepovers when they share his bed. Now, as a 40yr old man myself, I am VERY nervous about anybody MY age saying they want to "share their love" with a 12yr old child in their bedroom. That sends up a whole fleet of red flags in my eyes.

Consider this example....When I was younger, one of my favorite things to do when I went to a big shopping mall was to go into the arcade and play some of the games. I especially enjoyed playing the games that would give out tickets that could be redeemed for prizes. I didn't want any of the prizes for myself. What I would do is win a handful of tickets, then look for some small kid that only had a few tickets. Knowing the prizes would mean much more to him/her than they ever could to me, I would walk over and give my tickets to him/her. I did it just for the joy of seeing their faces light up. It was a perfectly innocent gesture, and was also acceptable when I was in my late 20's (and maybe even early 30's). However, if I were to do it NOW (at the age of 40), it would look very suspicious. {Why is that 40yr old man giving free tickets to that small child? Quick, somebody call security and have this guy followed} Do you see what I'm saying? There comes a point in time when you have to realize that - even if YOU consider your actions to be innocent - you have to consider how they appear to other people. Michael Jackson - of ALL people - should have learned this lesson 10yrs ago.

Here is another rebuttal for those who feel Jackson is just being "tried in the media"...this is a link to the actual court document and official statement made by his accuser 10yrs ago and recorded by the court officials. I myself was never positive of his guilt or innocence until I read this document. Read the court papers for yourself, including the very specific and graphic details of sexual encounters between MJ and the boy, and then decide if you still think Michael Jacksons interactions with young children are innocent and acceptable.

Court Documents of Michael Jackson's original accuser