View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 12:37 AM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Almost Ready to buy First HD TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah Foehammer View Post
No problem Larry.

I've been researching a bunch of this stuff myself so I've got a ton of it bookmarked.

You might check this site out: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/
I just found it and am still looking thru it but it's got a LOT of info.
Might be worth checking out.
Looks like you gave me some homework for tonight.
I went to Sears today and took the wife with me. Glad I did...she decided on her own that 46in was not big enough for our wall and asked me to get the 55in instead. No problem!
With that, we'll get a Samsung sound bar and a decent mounting rack. Still have not decided on a BluRay player yet, but am investigating the ones that were mentioned here previously.
About HDMI cables...although reps from Sears and Best Buy try to tell me that the more expensive, the better, there is more than one electronics testing website that say NOT to spend all that money because cheap ones do the job just as well. I actually just recently bought one called MediaBridge Ultra with Ethernet from Amazon.com. At 6ft, I only spent $9.00. Supposedly, it is the new standard. It supports 3D and audio.
Compare that to BestBuy's 5ft cable called AudioQuest, Chocolate model for $120! WTF? Must be paying for that silver coating on the copper they brag about. And I thought Monster cables would be the most expensive...they're mid-grade these days!