View Single Post
Old 10-29-2002, 12:58 PM   #12
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by *\Conan/*:
One week before midterm elections. I would like to ask you all a couple of questions to help me understand how some poeple vote and to even extend that to all the different countrymen we have here- how do you base your vote.1.Do you vote and if so on a regular basis

Yes.

2.Do you look at the National picture or your local needs?

Depends on the election. If it's a local or State election, then I vote for what or who I think is best for my community. In a National elections I look at the natioanl picture. Sometimes that's not necessarily what is best for my local community.

3.Do you vote for the encumbant that has done ok or go with "the new guy" who has fresh legs and new ideas?

The Best person.

4.Do you research your politicians past voting record or go by word of mouth?

Both.

5.Do you pay attension to all the negative media or research your politician?

Both.

6.Do you vote picking the better of the two jsut to say you voted for someone even thow your not happy with it?

I ALWAYS vote for the best person available.

And if you could help me understand how voting is done in your country I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

We use an electronic voting booth. We also have early voting. I voted last week.

BTW, there is nothing wrong with voting party line as long as that's what you agree with. I typically vote Republican nationally but not locally.