View Single Post
Old 11-14-2000, 05:13 PM   #2
Regis
Welcomed New User

Well, these aren't real chars...I just made them up to experiment. Shameless, I know, but I sortof like to sound out a game before really going at it.

More often than not, I name the lead Regis (Regina if female) and any subsidiaries I pick from the many books I've read (Tolkien/Eddings/Donaldson/McKiernan/Tad Williams/McCaffrey/Brooks/Weis&Hickman/Feist to name a few). Sometimes the names even work out with the story-line, such as naming the lovers in FF3 Silk and Velvet...

(Goes and plays Celes.mid...hmmm, love that tune).

Totting up a story, or even a good reply, is a good 2-5 hour affair with me...I get a good basis and then take forever to flesh it out (and am never happy with the end result even then). On example: the reply I did here on what skills to use to save on costs - I started at 9 pm....I finished at 11 pm....and even I was amazed I had taken that long to put it all together. In another, a shameless plug I did for another game I was involved, in I had had the preliminary idea in mind for about a year and took ~8 hours to put together the post for that board.

(Damn, that Celes.mid is good...hits ya where ya live)

I suppose I could work one up, but I haven't really formulated anything yet, so it could be a few weeks. I'm only two-thirds of the way through by the sound of it so I don't have much of a feel for the overall tone of the game. Just have to wait and see.

(In the meantime, I think I'll just keep listening to this tune...maybe have a good cry )