View Single Post
Old 06-17-2003, 05:42 PM   #8
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Light Bulb

A conjurer mage in BGI who sucked ass so hard it made my eyes pop back into my skull (I played BGI after BGII, hence the choice).

And my first time through BGII was with a plain, common, normal, average classic true class kit called ...... the Fighter !!!

Naturally I didnt care what he could do except for head bashing, so I gave him 18 STR & 18 CON. The rest of his stats were lame, total score below 75 or so. I gave him proficiencies in Long swords and sword&shield style, cuz thats what fighters look like. Played BGII for about an hour in Jonnies Basement, saw the death-screen more often then the play-screen.

Immediately used shadowkeeper to make myself über. 25 in all stats, 500 hp, max proficiencies and, offcourse, +50 in AC and THAC0 !!! The higher the better right?

Died even harder, swore at the game for a while and never touched it again until 6 months later or so, decided to read the manual first and loved the game ever since !!!