View Single Post
Old 09-28-2001, 06:38 PM   #4
Balgin
Elminster

Basically I can use it to do basic things. I can design room layouts, set approximate contents of chests, design unique monsters etc. However, sometimes it malfunctions (goes wrong) and the game crashes because it decides to refuse certain monster graphics. For example, I wanted a unique amazon armed with a scimitar and shield and settled for the "blue" variant. She was guarding the entrance to a dungeon where a more powerfull amazon awaits her vampire lover in anticipation of becoming a vampire herself. However, when I try to run it sometimes the game decides that the amazon model that I chose doesn't exist and ignores about a third of the other monsters.

So, I can design entire levels for you but-! I can't neccessarily do the fiddly bits involving monsters reacting differently to you depending on wether or not you have completed certain actions (all of that tech head stuff about "virtual objects" and "invisible virtual objects" in the tutorial just went straight over my head). I generally can't be bothered to actually design locations but have the talent (and probably the potential to work out the tough techie bits).

So, if you have any requests, let me know and I'll consider it but there's probably someone out there more qualified than me.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote