Thread: Men Rule!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2003, 10:12 AM   #16
Thoran
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

I don't get it: why do you use one isolated incident (mercedes-murder) to back up your argument about men are smarter than women? On average, one situation doesn't affect the whole as dramatically as you claim it to do.

And did you find this conclusion about men being smarter on average through your own hard research? Or do you believe everything you read in various internet-articles?

And why bring it up in the first place? It's pointless, meaningless and certainly untrue. I completely reject the outcome of that insane research as do I ignore its very existence!!! PUH !!
The Psychometric research was done by Richard Lynn and Paul Irwin, professors at the University of Ulster. It was a fairly gender neutral report, illuminating advantages and disadvantages that both have when it comes to intelligence and development. It's gained visibility because the Times of London referenced it in an article back in August.

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
Frankly, I wasn't all that happy when I read the first post either *blushes* and my first instinct was to defend womenkind Seriously, though, I wonder if this "we males (on average) are better" or "we females (on average) are better" arguments are manifestations of an underlying sense of insecurity we may not be fully aware of.

Personally, I think it would be great if men and women (inclusive of children and old folk ) could just lead by example of their respective sexes; actions, after all, speak louder than words.
AMEN to that!

[ 10-03-2003, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Thoran ]