Thread: Why a Warrior?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2002, 10:09 AM   #1
Detah
Dungeon Master

In several help/tip sections, it is advised that you keep a Warrior until he/she is level 6 to 8. Why? Is there some skill, trait or power that is gained at these levels? I have 2 L8 Warriors right now and I can find NO reason for having kept them in their respective roles for that long. This is my first time playing thru the game, so I am just learning. But I'm surprised that it was advised to keep Warriors until L6-8. It seems more practical (and more beneficial in the long run) to change them to paladin, barbarian or samurai ASAP.

It seems to me that once you have joined the Warriors Guild, all the cool skills and traits will become available to you, whether you move on to Samurai and then to Wizard or just stay a common Warrior. Therefore, there is no benefit to staying a Warrior. If you can afford it, change to paladin, barbarian, or samurai immediately.
Ive heard it said that Paladins and Samurai have the same hp per levelup as Warrior and Barbarians have even more than them. So clearly is not the reason for their L6 suggestion.

Any other thoughts on the matter?

Detah
Detah is offline   Reply With Quote