View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 06:47 PM   #1
Vampire

Sunglass Man

To the lovely moderators: please make an exception and don't move this thread... pretty please?

http://www.eagames.com/official/lord...th/us/home.jsp

I don't ever being so excited about a game in my entire life.

My review:

Neverwinter Nights meets Warcraft.

- emphasis on leveling up both in UNITS and BUILDINGS! So no more allowing enemies to blow up ur barracks because u can build 10 more. Specific Barracks can become hero Barracks that can train elite troops over time.

- more focus on culture and technology than MASS RUSH (I thought finally a game with a case for defense and technology!) Unlike the massive rushes in most RTS games, this is more about development and who has the better strategy rather than experience at mouse clicking.

- Heroes of both sides will feature very much like Warcraft 3 with a NWN interface.

- Cinematic Battles with over 1000 units. Each unit created is more like 10 little units that all think forthemselves and do different things. You can tell them to do one thing as well.

- Special unit abilities like Warcraft and Age of Mythology. Trolls grabbing friendly Orcs as clubs. Watch the Orc scream as it smashes into a Knight.
Tree Ents can disassemble buildings and hurl them at the enemy.

- Unit Morale and emotions: happy, scared, run away! A tree Ent on fire will losse control and run for water! A scared unit will run away or just shiver at the sight of a demon and collapse [img]smile.gif[/img]

- Excellent easy to use radial menu system like NWN to save FAST mouse clicking! No more moving ur mouse to unit an moving it miles away to access its spells. Neverwinter night system of radial menu that appears over the unit.

- Entire LOTR campaign

- MULTIPLAYER like Battle-net

- Each building is alive with people coming in and out of it. The detail of a building is amazing! Better than Command and Conquer or any RTS game I have seen!!!!!

- Cinema quality landscape and artwork. Watercolour landscapes and shadows of clouds... amazing! I thought I was watching the actual film at one stage.

THIS IS BY FAR the best game I have ever seen, and is awarded by E3, the best strategy of the 2004 year.

Release in Nov 2004.

[ 09-13-2004, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Avatar ]