View Single Post
Old 02-11-2001, 10:35 PM   #7
Gadzooks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Some answers...

I have some reed.... You should get 5 reeds. Remember the instructions from the Faery at the lake? Did you encounter a room full of snakes and a crystal? If you did, look at the 5 faces on the wall - they have a hole where their mouth should be.... it's a snake charmer thing....

What effects does the potion of youth have, when and why shall one drink it? Takes 5 years off your age, but you can't get any younger than 20. The younger you are, the faster you gain experience. If you age over 60, you start to loose attribute points (strength, vitality, etc.). You should try to stay between 20 and 30.

If I cast away stuff on the ground in town, does it stay there even after I save and quit the game? Yes, even the time orb will stay put, even gold coins too. The townfolk are very honest.

*** Extra *** You can put on everything you own that adds to your magic points and then you can read magic books faster. You can then take off all the extra magic stuff and the books you read remain part of your capabilities. For instance, I have a warrior that has 196 magic, and I want to read a spellbook that is 205 magic. I go to town, wield my +11 to magic sword (that I left in town just for that purpose). That raises my magic to 207, I then read the book, gain the spell level, and then drop the +11 sword back on the ground and play on.

There are some items which I wonder if they were safe to throw away..... Once you get the crystal associated with those items, just leave them in town somewhere, you will not need them later. The quest items (reeds, Horgan's amulet, etc.) are only meaningful for the set of dungeons you are in.

And *how* many potions of immortality should one have found after going through the dungeon they are found in? You should find 3. Each comes with a potion of youth. You have to strike the fountain with a weapon to get the potions.

What does the meditation skill do? It increases your mana for a period of time. Concentration increases your AC and %Hit, prayer increases your AC.

I have an empty bible in my backpack... Have you passed a temple recently? Look at the 'offering plates' - give you any ideas?

Hope this helps - I can give you complete spoilers to the last one if you want

Happy slashing,
Gadzooks is offline   Reply With Quote