Thread: Replay Value
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #23
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Default Re: Replay Value

Role playing is different with a group of characters as opposed to an individual, and any game will have its challenging RP aspects with the game's design and what an individual gamer feels is important to their ideas about role playing.

It's a bit harder and takes a little longer to get into a specific character's "head" when you have a few others to do the same thing with at the same time. Some people feel that eating, drinking, and sleeping are very important, while I think it's irrelevant.

What's important to me is what direction will each character take- which elite role(s), and what, if any, special roles will they take on in their career? Names and races are important so I take my time with those as well.

Note that in these very W&W forums are stories conjured/inspired by actual play throughs from persons visiting these hallowed halls! They CAN take on a "personality" even when their primary function is killing things and robbing their corpses of their stuff!

It takes a little more imagination than other games such as Morrowind and Oblivion in which you have one individual with more stat developing freedom than W&W, and that's just fine with me- I love all three.

The only other challenge is actual game difficulty which I don't handle well, so instead, I crank the difficulty settings way down, and with this game, I create very strong characters with very large inheritances to start out with. They are well equipped and highly developed.

Peace, +Dr.Pick