View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 11:55 AM   #35
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

video of a live birth? the catholic school i went to had the sex ed of religion class "your god says no, so don;t do it or you're going to hell!!!!!" most of the girls did not understand one thing about birthcontrol, because no one taught them. fortunately i went to public school most of my life so i knew the risks and chances, and the methods to avoid mommy-hood. i was one of the last in my graduating class to loose my virginity. because i knew the facts of how condoms don;t work, not just that god doesn't like it.

but as far as my kids go, i just have ot tell them about pregnancy and birth. i had a bad tuime being pg with lyn and a worse time giving birth to justi. with justi i had 36 hours of pure hell!and my pg with lyn.....let's just put it this way, nathan asks why i might want to go through t hat again!

i don;t think dating rules are bad, but i think they should be a colabborative effort between child and parents, and possibly change with boyfriends. for example- first boyfriend is clean cut, skinny, and kinda nerdy- ok they can stay out til 930. second boyfriend is peirced, with greasy hair, leather jacket, and a vacant look in his eyes- no later the 8! just my opinion.

now for the subject at hand- talk to her dad now!!! sooner is better than later. ask to sit down with her parents (step mom and mom included) and her to create dating rules. when to be home, how much time should be given to call before being late, where she is and isn't allowed to be with you (like bedrooms are off limits, the mall across town is too far, etc.) and when you get a job, ask to remake the rules to still fit in time with her around your work schedule. jmo