View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #11
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: Gem Mining...Questions and Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
So, do you sell these to make it worth your while or keep them as souvenirs? I mean, they'd all sell either polished or unpolished. Ever come across Tigers Eye? Or the rarer, Hawks Eye? Just wondering - I hear they don't have that hologram effect until they are polished but would love to see 'em in raw form. Reading up, they are mostly found in Africa or Asia. I am curious if there are ANY places to mine them in the US at all.
I think we've given away about half of what we found and have kept the rest for ourselves as souvenirs. Haven't sold any. That one big crystal is somewhere around 400 cts or larger - even it's unpolished state it might fetch 50$. But we didn't do the digging to make money. We just did it for the fun.

Haven't found any Tiger eye. I know that they have been found at the Hiddenite Mine in NC. I seem to recall that they can be mined in the Western US probably in Arizona and New Mexico, but that's just a vague recollection.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote