View Single Post
Old 09-23-2003, 07:23 AM   #32
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

It's 7 am and I havn,t gone to sleep yet, but I'll comment on your thread after I get some sleep, too.

It's hard to discuss it without talking too much about my own belief, and I don't want to talk about that in this thread, but there are a few things I'd like to say.

But before I go, I want to comment on your math about population... Don't forget that the great flood killed off almost everybody, and that there were some plagues that wiped off more than 50% of our population, and that's without counting wars.

There is also the fact that back then, birth giving was in horrible conditions, and mothers often died, so it would not be as easy as you calculated it. And also, in your math, you didn't calculate the people that don't get to mate. Some people die single, and the male to female ration is also not 50%.

I considered making the math myself when I made my last post, but it sounded too complicated, so I gave up. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: How would Noa manage to get a couple of every animals on Earth? There are so many species, especially back then, before we killed many. Also, how did he get them back to their natural habitat after the flood, and for that mather, how would their habitat survive? It seem to me that such a flood would kill off every tree and plants, too. Where did all the different kind of vegetation come from? Also, why is there no trace of the flood? Surely such a big flood would have moved things around, we should be finding more fossils and sedentation resulting from it, right?

[ 09-23-2003, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]