View Single Post
Old 11-27-2001, 08:35 PM   #17
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Hi again, Telchar. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm not really meant to be on the BG2 forum yet; I'm only here because I like to get an idea of what's coming up on the horizon--while doing my best to dodge spoilers, of course. Yeah, regeneration is really great in BG1; If your Tank is about to keel over and die, just take the party to another map screen, or set up the tent for a quick snooze. But, as you say the Ring of Regeneration* shows up early on in the game, you're right, I don't need my Dwarf at all. I agree about the DEX and WIS--IMHO, Dexterity is THE most important stat for everyone. Only the Elven Mage/Thief is gonna have 20 DEX; but 2 others have 19 and the rest have 18. And my Paladin's gonna have 20 WIS, while the Cleric & Druid each have 21.
Barb, you suggested a Kensai->Mage? That's exactly what I was planning for the Fighter->Mage I'm adding to the party.....now I just need to find out exactly what a Kensai is.

Here's the party I've got now: (I rolled them all last night)
Paladin
Fighter->Mage
Fighter->Cleric
Druid->Fighter
Thief->Fighter
Elven Mage/Thief

My primary concern is the Druid. Aelia says the manual states that Druids cannot Dual; then again, the manual HAS been wrong before. In BG1 (I have ToSC, if that matters), I was able to make a True Neutral Fighter with the appropriate stats and Dual-Class to Druid, and also a Druid with the appropriate stats and Dual to Fighter. (Fighter was the only option, though--wouldn't a Druid/Mage be sweet?) What I'm curious about is if BG2 or ToB will ALSO allow you to Dual a Druid to Fighter.

Oh, and Telchar: One more benefit of building a Fighter->Cleric (apart from the better HP, THAC0, and weapon specialization) is that you're not restricted to a Sling while you're in Fighter mode. Any Missile weapon is fine, so my Fighter with Missile+++ is perfectly happy with a Crossbow.

*(About me & spoilers: I like knowing WHAT the new items are, just not WHERE they are. Although I would like to know if I can get them before I'm 3/4 of the way through the game.)

My apologies to anyone who read this whole dang thing.