View Single Post
Old 02-16-2001, 11:21 AM   #1
Frax

I have seen a few posts on looking for gold and the blood to gold spell, and I wanted to share a secret for having tons of gold in the middle game. It requires no patch, no cheats and no code fixes.

The "secret" (which I didn't think was that much of a secret) is in the Ranger. If you wait for your Ranger to be guild level 5 before changing to a different role, you can gain the Fletchery trait. Once he or she has the trait, if armed with a bow and arrows, he or she will keep making arrows until the quiver is full (50 arrows). The amazing thing is that the ranger will keep making whatever arrow is in the top quiver. Take the most expensive arrow and let you character make arrows all day long. When you have 50, split the arrows and leave one or two in the top quiver. Then sell the excess arrows. If you have the Dragon Arrow, you can sell them for tons of gold. While I was wandering around Ishad N'Ha, I built up about 120 arrows and sold them for 280,000 gold. I never need to sell items for gold and I never pick up armor or weapons unless they are magical. (Even then, half the time I don't bother.) My "ranger" is a samuri now and still makes arrows for me. The only drawback is that they cannot really use the 2nd weapon skill and must keep the bow equipped to make arrows. But with the gold that I make, I more than make up for this drawback in advanced skills.

Hope this helps someone.