View Single Post
Old 06-17-2001, 07:00 PM   #43
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkPiper:
One of the flagons flows like molten glass, reforming into a wide-bodied, wide-lipped crystalline pitcher. Stubby arms and legs sprout from the sides and bottom, and a cartoony smiling face blossoms on the front. It jumps off the shelf, runs past Lord Shield and jumps onto Kiraleen's table.

"It worked! It worked! It worked!" The faerie dragon launches into the air, fly loops the common room, and plants a noisy kiss on Tancred's forehead before returning to his mistress.
Tancred remains on the floor, next to his sword. There is silence between them.
After a few minutes, Karnas pipes up.
"Um... holy-boy, why are we on this floor?"
"I fell over, Karnas."
"So why haven't you just got back up?"
"I don't know."
"Well... can you do it, please?"
"No."
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, 'no'?"
"Karnas." Tancred's expression remains blank, but there is an underlying tone of hysterics in his voice. "Since arriving here, I've counselled Malvolio on his breakup with Viconia, I've listened to you - a sword - sing, I've defended the gate of the City of Doors against a horde of demons, I've fought a Lawyer, I've been involved in a pillow-fight, I learned Mazzy was pregnant, I knocked myself unconcsious by jumping at a ten-foot bee that just happened to get teleported into the Abyss, I've slept only ONCE in about a month and, on top of all that, you called me a virgin in front of the whole bar. NOW, We're in space, I've just seen what I think is a succubus walk past with a dwarf, and a dragon just kissed me. I'm terribly sorry, old blade, but I'm just a teensy bit weirded out at the moment. Give me half an hour, and then I'll get up from the floor, ok?"

[This message has been edited by Tancred (edited 06-17-2001).]