View Single Post
Old 08-19-2001, 09:27 PM   #19
trux

Generally I love the rain...it's soothing and it makes me sleepy. I like being sleepy. However, the rain this past weekend RUINED MY LIFE! Ok, so I'm exaggerating a little bit. I'll explain.

It hasn't rained in northern Virginia all summer practically, and the heavens pick this past weekend to take it's anger out on us. It rained so hard it was deemed a national disaster in the DC and northern Virginia area. Everything flooded, many businesses and homes were either flooded out or seriously disrupted.

The worst thing about it is that my favorite band - a little band you may have heard of called Radiohead - was playing an outdoor show both days of the weekend. Of course, I had my tickets since the moment they went on sale...I had been waiting for this moment since the last time I saw them on their O.K. Computer tour (this is the first time they've toured the United States since that tour, three years ago or so) and the two day-long torrential downpour cancelled the shows. As far as I know Radiohead is not coming back to do a make-up show, and trux remains sitting in a corner weeping quietly.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux