View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004, 06:04 AM   #6
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Kill the Demon child and rid thyneself of the curse! And if that doesn't work.. is it just a standard keyboard or was it an upgraded one that may have drivers for it? If so, try reinstalling the drive. If not, go into your keyboard setting in your control panel and see if there is anything unusual set there.
Opening the keyboard may not reveal much, bur it couldn't hurt either, just to make sure nothing's jammed. Other than that "dear Sam" see if there's "help" in windows on it to see keyboard functions can be changed by a combination of buttons.
That's what I figure happened, Variol. I'm guessing he actually hit a specific combination of keys that caused the settings to be changed like that - though God only knows what that combination is.

I DID try to troubleshoot the problem using the process you describe, but I never actually went into "keyboard configuration". I'll check that out later today to see if I have any luck.

Harkoliar - I'm not really having any trouble with the mobo right now. I'm just pissed off in general about the crap-job the yuckapucks at Store#1 did and I'm also extremely frustrated with the problems I keep having. Sooooo, I'm looking for a target to vent my frustrations on and they seem like the logical choice.