Thread: Dentists Suck
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 09:24 AM   #1
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Right, so the dentists have classified my wisdom teeth Category 3 -- roughly, "Yeah, these will have to come out in the next couple of years". All of a sudden yesterday, I woke up with this ridiculous headache and I can't eat anything that needs chewing. I guess the top right wisdom tooth decided to start growing forwards instead of down (it's the only one that's poked through the gum layer yet.

Anyway, the story: I go down to dental to see a doctor & get an appointment to get these things yanked out ASAP -- yesterday itself would've been just fine w/me. "Sorry, you can't set up an appointment: You're Cat 3."

No, you don't get it, DT2, I'm not Cat 3 anymore; I can't eat right now. Can I just see a doctor & get him to change my classification?

"Sorry, you can't see a doctor: You're Cat 3. I'm gonna have to ask you to leave, you're holding up the line."

How about an emergency screening?

"Emergency screenings are only for emergencies: You're Cat 3. Come back first of the year (i.e. 1st January 2005) and we'll see about reclassifying you. Now please leave immediately."

I'm gonna see if I can get my CAPT from orthopedics to pull some crazy O-6 rank and get these people to pull their heads out of their asses on Monday morning. In the meantime, I'm on a weekend diet of liquids, I suppose...

... oh, wait, not much different from most weekends! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]