View Single Post
Old 11-24-2002, 02:46 PM   #47
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Question Mark

There have been many good points brought out in BOTH threads concerning how the Mods are to be treated here...and plenty of good advice too. Yet some people still insist on "questioning" the Moderators.

This is specifically covered in the Rules and Regs - along with the proper method of how to get the Moderators to address any questions you may have.

One piece of advise I would offer to all the members here is to refrain from this attitude of "I'll respect you when you respect me!" The Moderators are under NO obligation to "cut a deal" with any member in order to earn thier respect. The ONLY person whose respect they have to earn is Ziroc's, and the fact that he has made them Moderators is a good indication that they've already accomplished that.

I agree it would be nice if an explanation was given when a thread is LOCKED or DELETED - and the Moderators DO that most of the time. However, they are not obligated to do it. And if you really want to know why they took such an action, then ask them in a PM or e-mail. I've done this many times and I've always received an answer fairly quickly.

There seems to be a lot of tension and anger among some members recently...and some just seem to be looking for something to complain about. Here is something else everybody needs to keep in mind when you read or reply to posts here.....

Nobody can MAKE you mad....you can CHOOSE to become angry over words written here, but you can also CHOOSE not to. The final decision is YOURS!!!

After all, they are nothing more than words...and if you don't like what is written, you can always CHOOSE to ignore them. I think we sometimes get too caught up in feeling we have to have the "last word". This just leads to useless flame-wars.

So let's all just step back, take a deep breath, and try not to take everything so serious or personal.