View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 04:55 PM   #11
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
I hope no Baldur's Gate 3 ever sees the light of the day.
Quote:
Originally posted by ocellis:
Because the story has been told. There is nothing left to do for the main character or the NPCs. There can be no prequel for obvious reasons, and anything that plays after Throne of Bhaal would either be anti-climatic, or require a Planescape-like setting.
Well, you have nothing to worry about then. Here's a couple of quotes from Josh Sawyer about the TBH ("The Black Hound"):

"The Black Hound was its working title when we stopped, with the "BG3" added on at the front because Interplay could only make PC D&D games with the names Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale in the title. It actually had nothing to do with the Baldur's Gate series."

"It's hard to remember exactly when it started, but I believe it was around late 2000 to early 2001. Development was concurrent with Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter, though only a very small team was working on The Black Hound during that period. In truth, TBH did not have a full development team until after the end of Icewind Dale 2."

"For a while, TBH (which was internally called FR6 and externally called Jefferson) was a Baldur's Gate title, though the only things the project had in common with BG titles were a) a D&D ruleset b) the Forgotten Realms setting and c) a party of companions. The Baldur's Gate storyline and characters were never referenced."

"Before the project was canceled at Black Isle, the game's "official" (though never formally announced) name was Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound; the only reason for this was because, at the time, Interplay had the rights to publish only those D&D games that contained the names "Baldur's Gate" and "Icewind Dale" in their titles (hence the unrelated Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance console games)."

So "The Black Hound" was BG3 in NAME only. It wasn't a prequel or sequel to the Bhaal spawn story.

Read the entire article here:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/interview...lackhound1.php

@Ziroc - There is only one screenshot of the game on the link that toot33 posted. It's NOT clear that the screenshot is from NWN2 work, since the project dates back over SIX YEARS. As for NWN2 being buggy, I totally disagree. I've played through the OC four times now, under various patches and since the v1.03 patch I've had NO SHOW STOPPING bugs! Not a one. And I've encountered ONE, that's right - just one, minor bug due to a looping convo that gave out endless xp.

[ 05-19-2007, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote