View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 05:10 PM   #29
Calagari
Manshoon

Last week I had a similar problem to yours. My problem was the connector that held the ram in place. I now can no longer use that connector. I had to trade in 2 sticks of 256 for one 512 stick and avoid using that slot connector. Mine was shorting out on the board I guess.

Quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:
Okay, I'm sorry to dig this up, but it's an update on the problem.

I managed to borrow the same stick of RAM off of a friend (512MB, DDR 333 DIMM) and once I replaced my stick, it worked perfectly! Great, I thought, it is the RAM. At least I know which part to replace.

However, once I placed my old stick back in, everything was back to normal! O.o I am really confused...it no longer reboots by itself, Photoshop and other PC games run perfectly, and it was as if the problem never happened.

I'm not complaining, as now I have 1024MB or RAM, but I was wondering what could have been up. I guess I could not put it in properly or something...

Any thoughts? As I said, the problem seems to have vanished. I think I'll keep my new stick and old stick in there, and if the problem crops up, simply remove the old stick again. I'll also run MemTest later.

Thanks for any opinions. [img]smile.gif[/img] You guys have been a great help!