View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 12:07 PM   #1
Sigmar
Unicorn

(Subject header taken from Edge magazine.)

"Is it disgusting to base a game around the destruction of the World Trade centre, or could it be seen as a tribute?"

This was the sub-header in the article about the game in question, featured in the latest issue of "Edge" magazine (issue 128#). Bascially the game revolves around the events of 9-11, specifically the Two Towers in which you are placed in various situations from which you must try to escape and survive.

Edge's description- "It's an Unreal Tournament 2003 mod, which traps players on random levels of the burning building and challenges them to escape. The catch? Sometimes there's no way out, and gamers have to decide whether to perish in the flames or throw themselves from the upper levels."

I thought about providing the link to the game designers website (the link is provided by Edge) but I didn't want to provide traffic to a site like that.

My opinion? I think it's wrong, despite how many people and other developers make games based on wars like Vietnam, WW2 and the like I personally believe that it's wrong on many levels to actually create a game/mod like this. It's as morally outrageous to recreate the deaths of 3,000 people for free as it is to make money from the thousands who died in WW2 IMO (see MoH:AA and such). Edge provided no personal opinion, it merely presents the game and passes no judgement on it.

What's everyone else's opinion on this matter?