View Single Post
Old 10-01-2001, 06:36 PM   #4
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Heh well first of all your best weapon is gunna get a ton of argument from a ton of people

Best weapon: staff of magi. Killer thac0, TONS of specials.

Best Helmet: Vhailor's Helm (a copy of any of your warriors is great. ALso cool for clerics if you want another spellcaster).

Best armor: Robe of Vecna. It may only be useful for a mage but EGADS man this is powerful!!!

Best mage spell: Project Image. I cannot understand what the hell they were thinking on this one. There are so many loopholes here its not even funny. Infinate casting of all of your spells. Infinate use of all potions,items and scrolls. Get some time stop & horrid wilting scrolls. and go bonkers.

Best belt: OK changing my vote to frost giant strength. I would always take that over a protective belt for alot of my characters (if you want to be techinical imoens belt she has in the begging of the game makes her immune to death hehe)

Toughest monster is a hard call. Kangaxx gets easy with the proper strategy. I think I had the hardest time with the dragon in suldanessellar.

PS: I just gotta say Carsomyr is fantastic but severily overrated by alot of people. Its a +5 sword that gives magic resistance. Its dispell ability is not that powerful. Celestial fury is outstanding. Flail of the ages is underrated with its slow special that has a somewhat watered down stun ability (slow) like CF has and there is no save against that special.

Compare staff of magi against carsomyr though. Both only usable by a certain class. Mages are more common that paladins though (and fighter/mage templates are abundant). It has the same dispell ability as carsomyr, wielder is invis, casts spelltrap once a day (better than 50% magic resistance imho), immunity to charm,protection from evil and gives ac and saving throw bonuses! throw in the offensive spell abilities and thats one insane weapon!

[This message has been edited by deathknight (edited 10-01-2001).]