View Single Post
Old 12-06-2001, 07:16 AM   #40
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:

Nothing to join, Garnet. It isn't a campaign, as I'm sure you'd realise if you'd bothered to read this thread properly. MagiK asked a question, I answered it. Others joined in spontaneously.

There is no campaign, no clan, no mass ideology here.

I won't take up your other points here, as GD is the wrong place for discussions of this nature. That is what the war forum is for.

I beg to differ. I used the word campaign in one of the original senses of the word, not the gaming (and war) definition as a quest or clan gathering....campaign "a connected series of operations designed to bring about a particular result". Is this not the main purpose of this--to make visible your (and others) displeasure/non support of your government's decision to send troops? I never mentioned a new clan, and the others who posted here advocating the "Not in my name" tagline are the ones purporting "mass ideology", not me.

And I *did* read the posts quite carefully. I responded in the same vein as did you and everyone else--my opinion, my ideas, my experience. It did not happen to run parallel with yours and so I am to be relegated to 'wrong-land'?

No, Silver Cheetah, this does not belong in the war forum since it is not a commentary on the war, bin Laden, or anything else any more than your and the other spontaneous comments on this subject! My comments were no more inflamatory, militaristic or pacifistic than anyone else's. In no way were they as confrontational as others I have seen and/or received, your own included.

What I said was a spontaneous remark like everyone else's. You cannot defend your and other's rights to do so and then take me to task for doing the same just because it opposes yours!

End of topic. I will post no more publically in response to this disagreement.