View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 01:18 AM   #23
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:
I use ordinary Mozilla...should I switch to Firefox?
That depends. In the next versions (Seamonkey 1.8 & Firefox 1.1) there will be little difference between them. Firefox's changes are being ported back at the moment, so that they are built on the same version of the engine (or, if you understand the developement process, AVIARY branch is being ported back to the trunk, and Firefox 1.1 will be built from there, or possibly branch after Seamonkey 1.8). As it stands now, Firefox is alot newer than Seamonkey, with more features and better rendering, and so on. But, it is realy a matter of this one question: do you use every single feature (Browser, Mail, Chat, Calendar, HTML Composer) that Seamonkey has to offer? If you don't, I would say your better of with Firefox. If you do, I still think you're better off with Firefox + Thunderbird + Nvu + Sunbird + Chatzilla extension, but many will tell you otherwise. It is, realy, much of a muchness. So long as you keep up with the Milestone versions of whichever one you choose, it is a matter of your own personal choice. [img]smile.gif[/img]