Thread: Is it me!?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2000, 12:01 AM   #2
CuriousYellow

It's you.

Seriously. I posted earlier ('What's your party?') that it seemed too easy to get a set of attributes that could enable you to become an elite character class by level 2/3. What, precisely, is wrong with the values you were rolling?

Generally, it seems to me that if you put some thought in ahead of time about what direction you want the character to go in, you can choose a clan/sex such that the values you end up with will always be good enough to play with. I'm literally using the first six characters I rolled up.

Being someone who overdid the min/max thing in Wiz 6&7, I really appreciated the system in W&W. I was expecting to have to reroll like mad. What a pleasant surprise.

What exactly do you mean by saying the game's 'too hard' short of cheating? My characters are all less than level 4, and I'm still exploring the first crypt, but I haven't had any trouble killing anything. That includes the Rogue Leader I found in the forest by the first town and the Crypt Lord/Spirit of Warrior/Spirit of Wizard I've found in the Crypts.

I've already got a Barbarian and a Warlock and I'll shortly have a Paladin and a Monk. The others will be coming later (a Samuari and a Ninja) not because of stats, but because I haven't yet found the proper Guilds. (That and $$$ -- jeez, the Guilds are expensive...)

So, unless I'm mistaken, I don't see anything that would force me to cheat. Is there something seriously evil coming up shortly that I haven't seen yet?

-- d